The Trinity Centre
The Trinity Centre is a community centre in Holy Trinity grounds used by the wider Melrose community as well as the congregation.
The Centre was built in 1999 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Holy Trinity, and the millenium, and was opened in May 2000 by the ninth Duke of Buccleuch, whose ancestor the fifth Duke donated the land on which Holy Trinity was built in 1849.
The Trinity Centre’s constitution states that ‘the object of the centre is to provide purpose-built, flexible accommodation for ‘a variety of church and community uses’ permitted under local government specifications. It is run by a Management Board,which functions as a sub-committee of the Holy Trinity Vestry, and has representatives of the three Melrose churches (Episcopal, Church of Scotland and Roman Catholic), and Melrose Community Council.
The Trinity Centre is an ideal venue for a range of events and activities including family gatherings, children's parties, training sessions, meetings and social clubs.
The larger downstairs hall has a well equipped kitchen, with hob and double oven, double sink, fridge and freezer, crockery and cutlery, water boiler and kettle. There is also a small room, useful for breakout sessions. The smaller upstairs hall has a kitchenette, with sink, kettle and mugs.
Equipment included in the hire are a large portable screen & data projector, plus DVD and video players, which can be connected to the projector.
Hiring the Trinity Centre
The downstairs hall, which can accommodate up to 30 people, and has well equipped kitchen.
Upstairs room, which can accommodate up to 20 people, has useful kitchenette.
Trinity Centre rates
Rates for the hire of the Trinity Centre are:
Per four hour session:
£35 for the downstairs hall (£20 for charity)
£24 for upstairs (£12 for charity),
Reduced rates for multiple sessions.
£12.50 for downstairs hall (£10 for charity)
£10 for upsatirs hall (£7.50 forcharity)
For more information:
call 07769 684310 or